Namib Race 2020 Postponed due to Coronavirus / COVID-19

It is with great disappointment that we have made the decision to postpone the Namib Race 2020 as a result of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic.

This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but with the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, medical teams and the people of Namibia as our primary concern as well as the global effort to stop the spread of this virus, we are not left with many options.

The severity of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 and the government measures being taken to contain the virus which includes many flight restrictions, quarantine requirements, self-isolation and the banning of gatherings. These restrictions make travel to Namibia almost impossible and staging the Namib Race irresponsible.

We have considered cancelling the event entirely, but we feel during this time of challenge and darkness, it is important to have a light at the end of the tunnel, a goal to work towards as athletes, adventure seekers and also as global citizens. This goal will not only help us as individuals, but also the local economy in the stunningly beautiful country of Namibia.

The Namib Race 2020 will be rescheduled to Thursday 5 November 2020 (arrival date of 3 November 2020 and departure date on 12 November 2020) There are many factors which we have had to take into consideration, and we understand that this date change may not be possible for everyone. If you are not able to take part in the race, your entry can be transferred to another race in 2020 or 2021 without penalty.