What data do we collect?
- Identity Data (e.g. your name, gender, date of birth).
- Contact Data (e.g. your address, phone number, e-mail address; also contact details of someone for use in the event of an emergency).
- Transaction Data (e.g. details about the events you enter, services you specifically request and/or products or merchandise you purchase from us).
- Health Data (e.g. whether or not you have a medical condition).
- Financial Data
- We do not hold your payment data. We use Shopify Payments to process all payments. When you pay for an event or product you enter your details directly onto an online form hosted by Shopify Payments.
- Marketing Data (e.g. whether or not you want to receive marketing information from us about our events and services).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a form or provide feedback on any of our messaging systems or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- You initiate contact with us.
- Through a mutual contact who may pass us your contact details.
- Other companies in the RacingThePlanet Limited group of companies.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Register you for an event.
- Record and publish your finish time alongside your name, gender, age and nationality/residence on our website.
- Contact your next of kin in the event of an emergency.
- Send you information relevant to a RacingThePlanet event that you are participating in.
- Process any request for advice or information from us, or to contact you should there be any changes to the event which may affect you.
- Send you our e-newsletter and make suggestions and recommendations about our events and services that may be of interest to you.
- Send you reminders about upcoming events.
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
If you agree, we may share your data with our partner companies so that they may:
- Event-related fulfillment (e.g. mailings).
- Results (e.g. specialist media).
- Merchandising fulfillment.
How do we store your data?
Our website is hosted in the cloud and the information that we collect directly from you will be stored in cloud servers. We may also transfer parts of your personal data, where reasonably necessary, to our third party service providers who may be located outside of Hong Kong or who may engage sub-processors located outside of Hong Kong.
There are agreements in place to ensure that all of our third party suppliers or service providers process personal information using appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of Hong Kong data protection laws.
In accordance with the good business practice we keep data in a form that permits identification of the person to whom it relates for no longer than reasonably necessary.
Where you have given us your consent to send you marketing communications we will hold this consent as valid until you ask us to stop contacting you. You can ask us to stop contacting you at any time.
Where you have given us permission to do so, or where we have a legitimate interest to send you marketing communications about our events and services, we may sometimes use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements in order to provide you with more relevant advertising content. This targeted marketing may be accomplished via our own channels (e.g. our website) or third party channels, including across multiple devices or browsers, using some or all of the following platforms:
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the RacingThePlanet Limited group of companies. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected].
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to ask for copies of your personal data from us.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at [email protected].
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that RacingThePlanet has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong at https://www.pcpd.org.hk/.