Training Plans - RacingThePlanet by Jeff Ross (Gobi March, 3rd Place)
A multi-stage 250km race requires a significant amount of preparation to ensure that you safely complete the distance. The physical training is, of course, a big part of that preparation and we must embrace the many challenges that it brings!
Jeff Ross (3rd place in his maiden 4 Deserts race, the Gobi March in 2017) offers a Personal Coaching service that can help you prepare specifically for a 250km multi-stage race:
- Personalised training schedule to fit your routine
- Suitable for all ages and all fitness levels
- Use of Training Peaks software (links to your watch data)
- Adaptations for heat and weighted backpack
Jeff originates from Scotland, UK, and has been living in Malaysia since 2011. At high school, he participated in cross-country running and track athletics, and in 2013 he returned to running after many years playing squash as his primary sport. Jeff enjoys both road running and trail running, and he is a regular name on the podium for both in South East Asia. Jeff is a Certified Fitness Instructor and a Certified Revolution Running Coach.
In the last 15 years, Jeff has successfully coached over 1000 runners in Malaysia and overseas. He is passionate about helping others to achieve their fitness and running goals.
Jeff's proudest recent running achievements include:
- Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon (Malaysia), 2016-2022 – 6 x winner
- Dartford Marathon (UK), 2019 – winner
- The Gobi March Ultramarathon (China), 2017 – 3rd place
- KL Tower Stairs Race (Malaysia), 2016-2022 – 3 x winner
- Head Coach of Total Running Club (Malaysia)
For more information on any of the above, contact Jeff directly: