INDIVIDUAL ENTRY DETAILS
Registration is open to all individuals and teams for races in 2023 and 2024. Note that you may register as an individual or as part of a team.
4 DESERTS GRAND SLAM (PLUS)
One of the most remarkable challenges on Earth is to complete the 4 Deserts Grand Slam or 4 Deserts Grand Slam Plus. This involves completing all four or five races in a one-year time frame. Read about what it takes and check out the profiles of the individuals who have completed the 4 Deserts Grand Slam or 4 Deserts Grand Slam Plus. If you want to take on the challenge, please register.
If competing as a member of a team, every member should complete a registration form and note the team name and names of all team members on the registration form. To be classified as an official team, you need to have three individuals and all individuals must complete the whole course together. Separate awards are provided to official team winners.
DATES & ENTRY FEES
2023 & 2024 RACE DATES & ENTRY FEES
|Race||Race Date||Entry Fee||Deposit||Balance|
|Gobi March (Mongolia) 2023
(Wait List Only)
|18 June 2023||
(US$4,000 after 18 Feb 2023)**
|Atacama Crossing (Chile) 2023||24 September 2023||
(US$4,000 after 27 May 2023)**
|The 20-Year Race (Jordan) 2023||5 November 2023||
(US$4,095 after 8 Jul 2023)**
|Namib Race (Namibia) 2024||28 April 2024||
(US$4,200 after 30 Dec 2023)**
|Gobi March (Mongolia) 2024||23 June 2024||
(US$4,200 after 24 Feb 2024)**
|Atacama Crossing (Chile) 2024||22 September 2024||
(US$4,200 after 25 May 2024)**
|The Last Desert (Antarctica) 2024||26 November 2024||US$13,900*||US$5,000||US$8,900|
Note that registration for The Last Desert (Antarctica) is by invitation. Only competitors who have completed two other races are invited to The Last Desert. For The Last Desert (Antarctica) 2024, this includes any race within the 4 Deserts Ultramarathon Series or RacingThePlanet Ultramarathon.
*Note: A fuel surcharge of US$25 per night / US$250 may be applied if fuel prices exceed US$100 / Brent barrel, or US$50 per night / US$500 if fuel prices exceed US$150 / Brent barrel.
**There is a US$100 surcharge if full entry fees have not been received 120 days before the start of the race (excluding The Last Desert).
Click here to read the latest from RacingThePlanet on the COVID-19 situation.
If you are looking for ways to fund your race, you may find this article interesting: RAISING FUNDS FOR A RACINGTHEPLANET ULTRAMARATHON
NEXT STEP TO SECURE YOUR PLACE
A deposit of US$1,500 (US$5,000 for The Last Desert) is required to secure a place. The balance is due 120 days before the start of the race (or 180 days before the start of The Last Desert). When you register for a race, your confirmation email will include a link allowing you to pay the deposit or full race entry fee straight away by credit card. You can also pay by bank wire.
You may pay via (1) Credit Card, (2) Bank Wire Transfer or (3) Installments.
(1) Credit Card
Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted if paying by credit card. When you register for a race, your confirmation email will include a link allowing you to pay the deposit or full race entry fee straight away by credit card.
(2) Bank Wire Transfer
If paying by bank wire transfer, send an email to [email protected] and we'll provide bank wire instructions.
You can also pay by installments. For example, 4 x US$1000 or 10 monthly payments. Please email [email protected] for more information.
Your entry fee for the each of the RacingThePlanet races, excluding The Last Desert (Antarctica), includes the following:
- International staff and medical support throughout race
- Water for the duration of the race
- Tented accomodation for seven (7) nights
- Campfire (weather permitting) with hot water available for cooking and making warm drinks in the mornings and evenings for the duration of the race
- Two nights of hotel accommodation (one night pre-race and one night post-race, double occupancy)
- Pre-race and post-race breakfasts
- Awards Banquet ticket (including dinner, awards presentation and photo slideshow)
- Finisher's medal
- Souvenir race t-shirt or jacket
The additional costs to consider include flights, airport transfers, personal equipment and insurance.
Your entry fee for The Last Desert includes the following:
- A place on the expedition ship used to take you to Antarctica and as the "Base Camp" in between each stage of the race - accommodation in two to four bed cabins with hot water showers. Early registrations receive the two bed cabins.
- Meals on the ship in between stages - each stage is self-supported
- International staff and medical support throughout race.
- Water while on the ship and on shore for the duration of the race.
- Awards Banquet ticket (including dinner, awards presentation and photo slideshow).
- Finisher's medal - plus 4 Deserts medal for those joining the 4 Deserts Club and special 4 Deserts Grand Slam and 4 Deserts Champions awards.
- Special edition RacingThePlanet jacket.
The additional costs to consider are your flights / transportation to the expedition ship, airport transfers, any accommodation required in Ushuaia, insurance, personal equipment and a potential fuel surcharge.
For all races, the following applies.
Transfer/refund: If notice of cancellation is received 120 days or more before the race, the registrant is entitled to a refund less US$600. Any cancellation received less than 120 days before the start date of the race will not be entitled to a refund, however you may request to transfer to another race, excluding The Last Desert (Antarctica), by notifying us by email no later than eight weeks before the start date of the race. Entry fees may be transferred to another race at no cost one time only. The entry fees must be used by the end of the next calendar year and cannot be used towards The Last Desert in Antarctica.
Note: Entry fees to The Last Desert (Antarctica) are non-refundable and non-transferrable.