ITINERARY FOR RACINGTHEPLANET: LAPLAND 2022
Rovaniemi is the gateway to Lapland! It is a modern city known for being the "official" home town of Santa Claus, and for viewing the Northern Lights. Rovaniemi Airport is about 10km (6 miles) from the city centre, the Arctic Circle crosses the runway closer to its northern end. The course is a few hundred kilometers north from here.
- Volunteers arrive (anytime).
- Competitors arrive to the host town.
- Volunteer training (all day).
- Priority Check-In for the 4 Deserts Club members (TBC)
- Competitor Briefing (compulsory for ALL competitors)
- Competitor Check-In, including administrative, medical and equipment review
- Start / Stage 1 - Over the Great Pallas
- Stage 2 - The Three Lakes
- Stage 3 - The Old Postal Road
- Stage 4 - Between the Great Fells
- Stage 5 - The Long March: Through the Lands of Reindeer
- Stage 5 - The Long March: Through the Lands of Reindeer - Continued
- Stage 6 - The Final Footsteps to Ylläs
- Conclusion of the race
- Bus transfer to the host town
- Awards Banquet
- Competitors and volunteers stay overnight in the host town - hotel provided
- Race activities have concluded and you are ready to depart or continue your travels in Finland