COVID-19 Statement Regarding the 2021 RacingThePlanet Race Schedule
As the world is starting to come to terms with the COVID-19 pandemic we are committed to staging the 4 Deserts Ultramarathon Series and RacingThePlanet: Georgia in 2021 as long as it is logistically and safely possible. We are doing everything we can for this to be the case.
The 2021 Race Schedule can be seen below and is also on our website together with the 2022 race dates.
The nature of our races is a small group of people socially distancing in the outdoors. We take people to lesser visited corners of the planet to explore them in a way that is not normally possible and our community is adventurous, determined and sensible.
We are implementing a number of changes to make each race even more COVID-19 secure. While the detailed procedures will be published specifically for each race, they will include some or all of the following:
- Single tent and hotel room options.
- Race Check-In and Briefing to take place in smaller groups and outside.
- The same tents to be used by the same person/people every day.
- Daily medical checks on blood oxygen levels, temperature and a discussion with a medical doctor for all competitors and staff.
- Spread out or staggered start of each stage.
- Hand sanitiser provided and disinfecting of all touch points.
- Staff wearing PPE (e.g. masks) at Checkpoints.
- Competitors to wear face coverings at Camp.
- Immediate isolation and COVID testing of any person with possible symptoms.
- Arrangement of PCR tests in good time for returning to your home country.
The health and safety of all our participants, volunteers, medical teams, and local and international staff are our primary concern. Therefore, we are continuing to monitor infection rates, vaccination rates, risk factors and guidelines from the relevant government and medical authorities, and will keep those registered for each race informed of the status.
We do understand that each person’s situation is different and that some of you may prefer or need to change to another race in 2021 or 2022. For this reason, we are happy for you to transfer your entry to another race at any time up until six weeks before the race is due to start.
If you decide to defer your race entry then please send an email to the event director or to [email protected].
We do not want to give up on the opportunity of racing unless it is absolutely not possible or safe to do so.
RacingThePlanet / 4 Deserts Ultramarathon Series