The first thing you’ll probably notice with the Leatherman Freestyle is opening the outside accessible blade is easy and fast, just like a pocket knife. When you unfold it and use the pliers you’ll understand that when something is engineered correctly, power isn’t a matter of size, but a matter of years of design expertise. Freestyle is great as a stand alone tool or a companion for those activity specific tools that don’t feature pliers or a knife.
Leatherman Pocket Multi Tools...pocket or purse, pannier or picnic basket - they'll go anywhere: Literally. They start right here in Portland, Oregon at our manufacturing facilities, but they never stay here long. When you need most of the features found in our full size models, but you don't have the space, our pocket multi tools are a great solution. Designed to be compact and functional, these models are big enough to finish the jobs you need to get done and small enough to follow you wherever you need to go. Just ask Cody B., the chainsaw operator, he had his Juice Cs4 in his pocket when his running chainsaw hit his leg and was able to walk away from the incident.* Literally. Talk about a lifesaver. Man oh man.
- 420HC stainless steel clip point combo straight/serrated knife - A knife made from 420HC stainless steel with a half straight and half serrated edge. This style of blade gives the user a choice of precise cuts using the plain section, or cutting through fiber and rougher material using the serrated area.
- Needlenose pliers - A cast pinching tool with an angled nose for holding or manipulating materials, ideal for small objects or tight spaces.
- Regular pliers - A cast pinching tool for holding or manipulating materials.
- Wire cutters - 420 HC stainless steel bypass cutting blades, meant for cutting regular-gauge wire.
- Hard wire cutters - Bypassing cutting blades ideal for cutting hard wire.
- Zytel handle insert
- Stainless steel body
- Outside accessible blade - This multi-tool features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife.
- Locking blade - A knife blade that locks into place when fully deployed. A user must manually unlock the blade to fold it away, which allows for a much safer user experience.
- Replaceable pocket clip - A removable clip which allows the user to wear their multi-tool attached to a pocket or belt loop without the use of a sheath. By removing the clip, the user is able to easily carry their tool in a sheath if preferred.
- One-hand Operable features - Every feature on this tool can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables the user to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.